Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gatwick Express suspends services
9:09am Thursday 26th December 2013 in News
Servicers on a major rail link have been halted.
The Gatwick Express service, which links the airport with London Victoria, will be suspended until January 2.
A spokesman said the week-long closure will allow work on the line between Redhill in Surrey and Purley in south London to be carried out.
Southern, First Capital Connect and First Great Western services to the airport are being disrupted.
Southern said from December 27 until January 1 trains between Purley and Redhill would not run.
Travellers have been advised to use Southern trains between East Croydon and East Grinstead and the buses between East Grinstead and Gatwick Airport.
First Capital Connect passengers are asked to use Southern services between Sutton and Gatwick Airport, and on services between London Bridge and Coulsden Town, with a connecting bus service to the airport and Three Bridges.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.