Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Crawley woman dies in house explosion
2:05pm Tuesday 31st December 2013 in News
A woman has died after a gas explosion in her own home.
A woman in her 50s was taken from the house in Banks Road in Crawley and treated at the scene by paramedics but died shortly afterwards.
Sussex Police said there is not believed to have been anyone else in the house at the time of the explosion at 12.30pm today.
A police spokeswoman said: “It is unclear at this stage what caused the explosion but it is not believed to be suspicious.
“Damage is confined to the interior of the house and no other premises are affected.
“Drivers are asked to avoid the immediate area for the time being as there are some local road closures while the scene is examined.”
Did you see what happened or did you know the woman? Then please call 01273 544530, email email@example.com or leave your tributes below.
- Talking Point: What can be done to stop bullying?
- Zaz follows Zen to win Crufts trophy
- Jonathan Meades praises Brighton's concrete monstrosities
- Proposed £4m late-night levy slammed by Brighton nightclubs
- Spring has sprung early for Sussex wildlife
Comments are closed on this article.