Firefighters were called to a number of small house fires last night.
the first happened in Victoria Avenue in Hastings at about 5.45pm.
Crews discovered a fire on the first floor hallway but no-one was hurt and the fire was quickly extinguished.
There was a kitchen fire in Warnham at about 7.40pm last night in Church Road.
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week
The blaze was on the ground floor of the two storey property.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue sent crews in breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera but there was nobody trapped by the fire.
The house suffered 10% fire damage and 90% smoke damage, with a neighbouring property also being damaged by the smoke.
And in Hove there was a fire on the top floor of a nine story building in Clarendon Road.
The fire at Livingston House was again quickly extinguished and no-one was injured and the building did not need to be evacuated.