A man was punched and had a gold chain ripped from his neck in an aggressive street robbery.
A 20-year-old man was walking in West Street in Brighton between 3.45am and 4.15am on Saturday January 11 when he was approached by two men who started speaking to him before launching an attack.
He was punched, the gold chain was torn from his neck and his mobile phone was taken.
The two offenders then ran off but were chased by other people and one suspect was detained in North Street a short time later.
A 19-year-old from Kent, he was arrested by police on suspicion of robbery and has since been released on bail until March 8.
Anyone who saw what happened or who has other information is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101 or email: email@example.com, quoting serial 218 of 11/1.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week