Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
UPDATE: Fourth person arrested in Crawley murder investigation
7:17am Monday 20th January 2014 in News
A fourth person has been arrested over the death of a man found unconscious in an alleyway in Crawley.
Officers were called at 3.25am on Sunday, January 19 after a 45-year-old Portuguese man was found seriously injured in an alleyway between Stephenson Way and Haslett Avenue East.
Two men aged 33 and 48 and a woman aged 22, all from Crawley, were arrested earlier on Sunday on suspicion of murder.
A fourth person, a 23-year-old man from Crawley, was arrested yesterday evening on suspicion of murder. All four are in custody being questioned.
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
- Pensioner's car mounts pavement, hits pedestrian and crashes into road sign
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Huge step for i360 as first ground is broken
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
The victim was initially treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. He died this afternoon.
Detective Inspector Wendy Burton, from the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, said: "Although four people are now in custody we would still like to speak to anyone who was in the area between 10.30pm on Saturday and 3.25am today.
"We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who was in the area around Stephenson Way or Haslett Avenue East near Three Bridges football club between those times.
"We would also like to hear from anyone who may have been told something about what happened in the alleyway.
"If you know something, or you know someone who does, please contact us. We urgently need to piece together exactly what has happened."
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting Op Atlas, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Comments are closed on this article.