Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Kelis to headline major Brighton music festival
12:03pm Wednesday 22nd January 2014 in News
A Grammy-award winning artist has been named as the headline act for a festival of up-and-coming bands.
The Great Escape returns to Brighton for a ninth year in May with American RnB star Kelis named as the festival’s headline act.
The performer, whose sixth album Food will be released a month before her performance at the Brighton Dome on Saturday May 10, will be supported by Brit Award nominee Ella Eyre.
Four hundred of the best emerging artists will be heading to the city for the weekend of May 8 to 10 with more than 18,000 music lovers set to follow in tow.
The first 100 acts for the festival have been named today.
Super Early Bird festival tickets have now sold out and music fans are being warned this is the last chance for Early Bird tickets from only £45.
For more details visit www.mamacolive.com/thegreatescape website.
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Gang of teenagers beat a man unconscious – then stamp on his head
- Sussex father deported because cancer treatment was too expensive
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad
Comments are closed on this article.