Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man, 20, charged with firearms offences following raid
A 21-year-old has been charged with firearms offences following a raid.
Jobless Liam Hussey, of Parkway, Crawley, has been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of ammunition without a certificate, both offences contrary to the Firearms Act 1968.
Hussey appeared at Crawley Magistrates’ Court on January 20, and was remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on February 13.
A police spokesman said: “In the early hours of January 19, detectives from Sussex Police executed a search warrant at an address in Parkway, Crawley.
“The search led to the recovery of a revolver and six rounds of ammunition. Police Firearms Officers also attended and ensured that the weapon was made safe.”
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Refurbished park gets coveted Green Flag status in record-breaking year
Comments are closed on this article.