A 21-year-old has been charged with firearms offences following a raid.
Jobless Liam Hussey, of Parkway, Crawley, has been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of ammunition without a certificate, both offences contrary to the Firearms Act 1968.
Hussey appeared at Crawley Magistrates’ Court on January 20, and was remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on February 13.
A police spokesman said: “In the early hours of January 19, detectives from Sussex Police executed a search warrant at an address in Parkway, Crawley.
“The search led to the recovery of a revolver and six rounds of ammunition. Police Firearms Officers also attended and ensured that the weapon was made safe.”
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- A27 blocked after accident near Falmer
- Bingo ejects Tourette’s sufferer over Savile shout
- Firefighters called to burning portable toilet seat
- Work needed at hospitals after mixed patients' report