Anthony Chase, 66, dies after fire in dentist surgery

Anthony Chase, 66, dies after fire in dentist surgery

Anthony Chase, 66, dies after fire in dentist surgery

First published in News
Last updated
by , Crime reporter

A man has died after catching on fire in the waiting room of a dentist.

Anthony Chase, 66, of Grove Road, Chichester, died in Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, on Wednesday.

Mr Chase was found on fire in the reception area of the surgery in Little London, Chichester, at 3.33pm on Monday, police confirmed.

A Sussex Police statement said: “The fire was small and short-lived and was confined to the man's clothing.

“A post-mortem took place on Thursday, but the exact cause of death awaits a report from the pathologist. However there are no suspicious circumstances and the matter has been left with the coroner's officer.

“An inquest is expected to be formally opened and adjourned next week.”

Would you like to pay tribute to Mr Chase? Email anna.roberts@theargus.co.uk

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:08am Fri 31 Jan 14

power_ranger says...

generic fire truck.
generic fire truck. power_ranger
  • Score: -7

2:13pm Fri 31 Jan 14

markpbri says...

What? A mans clothes just caught fire? This isn't even journalism.
What? A mans clothes just caught fire? This isn't even journalism. markpbri
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree