Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hit and run in Worthing leaves man with serious injuries
Updated 1:54pm Sunday 2nd February 2014 in News
A cyclist was knocked off his bike in the early hours of the morning in a hit and run incident which left him requiring hospital treatment to his serious injuries.
The man in his 20s was cycling along Brighton Road in East Worthing at 3.40am on Sunday when he was hit.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “We’re interested to speak to anyone who heard or saw anything around that time in the area of Brighton Road.
“It’s unusual for vehicles to be driving at that time, so they usually tend to stick out.
“Anyone with any information should call 101 quoting Operation Prague.”
The man was taken to Worthing Hospital and his condition is unknown.
Police originally gave his age as among his 40s but this has now been revised as fresh details have arrived.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Investigators begin probe
- Pensioner dies after falling from seventh floor of block of flats
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Pensioner saved after care home rooftop drama
- Community will miss a ‘lovely man’
Comments are closed on this article.