A cyclist was knocked off his bike in the early hours of the morning in a hit and run incident which left him requiring hospital treatment to his serious injuries.
The man in his 20s was cycling along Brighton Road in East Worthing at 3.40am on Sunday when he was hit.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “We’re interested to speak to anyone who heard or saw anything around that time in the area of Brighton Road.
“It’s unusual for vehicles to be driving at that time, so they usually tend to stick out.
“Anyone with any information should call 101 quoting Operation Prague.”
The man was taken to Worthing Hospital and his condition is unknown.
Police originally gave his age as among his 40s but this has now been revised as fresh details have arrived.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding
- VIDEO: Fire hit garage gutted by flames