A man is fighting for his life after a crash in Pevensey yesterday.
The 60-year-old man was air lifted to hospital following the crash on the B 2191 High Street, Pevensey, near the junction with Pevensey Park Road.
It happened just after 7.30pm yesterday when a Hyundai Coupe collided with a parked Mini Cooper.
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week
The Eastbourne man was a passenger in the car and suffered injuries which are currently assessed as life threatening.
A 33-year-old Eastbourne woman who was driving the car, and her other passenger, a 15-year old girl also from Eastbourne, were taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton to be treated for minor facial injuries.
The road was closed for five hours while emergency services attended to the casualties and cleared the scene, and police gathered evidence.
PC Jonathan Cooper of the Sussex Road Policing Unit at Polegate said; "If you saw what happened please contact us as soon as possible via 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Astwood."