Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Strong winds damage level crossing between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford
Updated 10:59am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
UPDATE: Strong winds damaged a level crossing this morning stopping trains running between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford for more than an hour.
Network Rail reported the problem at 7.45am today as high winds blew one of the crossing barriers onto the track near Beachy Road.
Passengers had to use Brighton & Hove Buses instead.
The damage was cleared and the line reopened at about 9am.
- Drugs mule attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Rail disruption after person hit by train
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Dora Bryan funeral date set
- Gatwick £250m pledge dismissed as “small bribes”
Comments are closed on this article.