Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Newhaven RNLI volunteers host soup kitchen
4:00am Saturday 8th February 2014 in News
Volunteers spent the afternoon cooking up soup in Newhaven in a bid to raise funds for their lifeboat service as part of a nationwide appeal for funding.
Members of the Newhaven and District Lifeboat Society Fundraisers hosted Slurp Our Soup at the Newhaven Boathouse on January 31, where they invited people to come share a warm cup of soup and a freshly baked bread roll.
Graham Hillman, secretary for the fundraising society, said: “We are always so pleased to see so many people supporting Newhaven Lifeboat, especially given the weather conditions. We hope the event brightened the dull day for those attending.”
The event was attended by over a hundred people and raised £371.85 - all of which went to the Newhaven Volunteer Lifeboat Crew.
The bread rolls were donated by La Baguette Shop bakery in Newhaven. The soup kitchen was run as part of SOS Day, the RNLI’s national fundraising day. Anyone interested in getting involved with fundraising should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.