A sex offender who impregnated a 15-year-old girl has been jailed.
Adam Willmore has been jailed for two years and eight months on appeal after pleading guilty on three counts of sexual activity with a girl under 16 between July and September 2012 which resulted in the 15-year-old victim becoming pregnant.
The 23-year-old, of The Crescent in Newhaven, was sentenced at Hove Crown Court earlier this month to three years but had the sentence reduced on appeal yesterday.
He is also subject to a ten year Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) severely restricting his access to children and will remain on the Sex Offender Register indefinitely.
Detective Constable John Steven said "The victim in this case was vulnerable and her life has changed forever, something which cannot be undone.
“The sentence imposed will ensure that the risk from this man is minimised and emphasises that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.”
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week