Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Firefighters tackle LPG car fire in Crawley
7:42am Thursday 6th March 2014 in News
Firefighters fought for an hour to tackle a blaze after a liquid gas powered car was set alight.
Crew from Crawley Fire Station were called to two cars ablaze in Tolegate Hill in Crawley at 4am this morning.
Firefighters said there was particular difficulty in tackling the liquid petroleum gas powered car because the safety system in the car was continually venting vapour while the fire was ongoing.
Sussex Police officers were also on the scene of the suspected arson attack.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Four arrested over letter bomb sent to Brighton's army careers office
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
- Drinkers locked out of pub besiege staff and customers
- Workman who died after pier fall named
Comments are closed on this article.