Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Presenter Charlie Webster is surprise guest at Patcham High School PE class
9:00am Saturday 5th April 2014 in News
Television presenter Charlie Webster gave some running tips to budding marathon runners ahead of the big event tomorrow.
The Sky Sports News presenter was in town to present Channel 4’s coverage of the Brighton Marathon.
But she dropped in to take a GCSE PE class at Patcham High School yesterday to help the kids with their technique.
She said: “It was fantastic and really fun.
“I was more nervous with a group of 17-year-olds than presenting on TV to thousands.
“But the teachers were great and everyone was really enthusiastic.
“By the end we were all laughing.”
The 31-year-old said she was looking forward to covering the Brighton Marathon and praised the event.
She added: “I love being by the sea and the beach. It’s great to have the sea air while running and it adds a different dimension.”
- Firefighters deal with major blaze in Brighton
- Firefighters deal with chemical incident at Brighton police station
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
Comments are closed on this article.