Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Woman victim of rape attack in Portslade park
7:03pm Friday 4th April 2014 in News
A woman was the victim of an attempted rape in a suburban park.
Sussex Police were called to Vale Park in Portslade to a report from a woman that a man had tried to rape her at 5.15am on Wednesday March 26.
One hour and forty-five minutes earlier a taxi taking a man and woman from East Street in Brighton stopped in Boundary Road in Portslade after a disagreement over payment of the journey.
A window was smashed and the man and woman left the area without paying.
A 19-year-old man from Brighton has been arrested for criminal damage, attempted rape and making off without payment and bailed until May 13 while investigations continue.
Anyone who saw either incident or has any information about what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 114 of 26/3.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Firefighters deal with major blaze in Brighton
- Firefighters deal with chemical incident at Brighton police station
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
Comments are closed on this article.