Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Woman victim of rape attack in Portslade park
7:03pm Friday 4th April 2014 in News
A woman was the victim of an attempted rape in a suburban park.
Sussex Police were called to Vale Park in Portslade to a report from a woman that a man had tried to rape her at 5.15am on Wednesday March 26.
One hour and forty-five minutes earlier a taxi taking a man and woman from East Street in Brighton stopped in Boundary Road in Portslade after a disagreement over payment of the journey.
A window was smashed and the man and woman left the area without paying.
A 19-year-old man from Brighton has been arrested for criminal damage, attempted rape and making off without payment and bailed until May 13 while investigations continue.
Anyone who saw either incident or has any information about what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 114 of 26/3.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
- Pensioner's car mounts pavement, hits pedestrian and crashes into road sign
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Huge step for i360 as first ground is broken
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
Comments are closed on this article.