A major road remains closed after a large hole opened up following a suspected sewer pipe leak.
The northbound section of the A23 in Crawley between Fleming Way and Lowfield Heath was closed yesterday afternoon after a hole opened up in the dual carriageway.
Thames Water engineers are continuing to investigate the leak on a pressurised sewer pipe this morning.
The water firm said it was working with West Sussex County Council and emergency services with the closure is expected to last into next week.
A Thames Water spokeswoman said: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and will open the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
"The closure is expected to last beyond this week while investigations continue."
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- Public park is occupied by travellers