Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Second hay bale fire in street in less than a week
Updated 1:25pm Wednesday 9th April 2014 in News
Fifty hay bales have been set alight in the same road as another arson attack just days earlier.
Dozens of bales were destroyed in the blaze in a field off Hazlewick Lane in Sompting at just before 6pm last night.
Fire crews from Bognor and Shoreham attended the site for more than six hours dealing with the incident which comes just days after a fire in the same road caused £1500 worth of damage on Sunday.
Sussex Police arrested two boys, aged 12 and 13, on Sunday near to the farm site and they have been bailed until Friday.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Mother facing jail for neglect after being found drunk at 11.30am
- Hundreds of jobs at risk after supermarket chain pulls out of development
- Travellers arrive at Black Rock in Brighton
- Sussex Hospitals prepare for rise in patients due to heatwave
- Sussex coast Wind farm plans ‘harmful to birds and environment’
Comments are closed on this article.