A sculptor has been counting his coppers as he has created the bust torso made of one and two pence coins.
David Corbett, is a Brighton-based professional sculptor and his creation called Bent Copper is due to go on display at a show in a prestigious show at Sausmarez Manor in Guernsey at the International Sculpture Festival.
Mr Corbett said: “The inspiration stemmed from a brief I was given on using everyday materials, subverting them and turning them into something of value.”
The 34-year-old then began to gather what coppers he could before starting his work on arranging and moulding them around the life-size torso bust core.
Mr Corbett estimated that there is about £50 worth of small change as part of three- thick layer of coins – a small offset for him as the bust carries a £3,500 price tag.
For more of Mr Corbett’s work visit davidcorbett.co.uk.
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- Disappointment as Lancaster is pulled out of show