Man threatens teens with bottle after goading

Man threatens teens with bottle after goading

Man threatens teens with bottle after goading

First published in News

A man smashed a bottle of wine to make a weapon to threaten a gang of teenagers who were goading him as he ate a fast-food meal.

Sussex Police are appealing for witnesses to reports of a group of teenagers play fighting outside McDonald's in Wellington Place, Hastings, and then goading a 35-year-old man through the window.

The man then left the restaurant and allegedly bought a bottle of wine before breaking it on the floor and using it as a weapon to threaten the teenagers.

The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his mid 30s, 5' 10" of proportionate build with short brown hair and was wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt.

A 35-year-old man from St Leonards was arrested on suspicion of using threatening behaviour in a public place and has been bailed until Saturday May 31.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call 101 or email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting serial 1250 of 8/5.

 

See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:43pm Thu 15 May 14

jioker says...

the man was provoked and gets arrested for his troubles,good old Sussex police .
the man was provoked and gets arrested for his troubles,good old Sussex police [not]. jioker
  • Score: 88

3:14pm Thu 15 May 14

TIMBURRY says...

If he didn't do what he did what would the headlines have been. .. MAN IN HASTINGS BEATEN UP BY A GANG OF TEENS AIR LIFTED TO HOSPITAL
If he didn't do what he did what would the headlines have been. .. MAN IN HASTINGS BEATEN UP BY A GANG OF TEENS AIR LIFTED TO HOSPITAL TIMBURRY
  • Score: 74

3:53pm Thu 15 May 14

spa301 says...

Why were they not also arrested for threatening behaviour too?
The police force are fast becoming a very, very unfunny joke.
Why were they not also arrested for threatening behaviour too? The police force are fast becoming a very, very unfunny joke. spa301
  • Score: 70

5:30pm Thu 15 May 14

NathanAdler says...

I imagine these fatherless, peasant children pooed their filthy pants and knickers. Serves them right.
I imagine these fatherless, peasant children pooed their filthy pants and knickers. Serves them right. NathanAdler
  • Score: 39

7:03pm Thu 15 May 14

hoveguyactually says...

The man should be praised not prosecuted. Next time around those brats won't be so arrogant.
The man should be praised not prosecuted. Next time around those brats won't be so arrogant. hoveguyactually
  • Score: 31

10:28pm Thu 15 May 14

FatherTed11 says...

I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.
I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste. FatherTed11
  • Score: 9

10:41pm Thu 15 May 14

ZeeGee, ffs says...

FatherTed11 wrote:
I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.
In Hastings? Unlikely......
[quote][p][bold]FatherTed11[/bold] wrote: I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.[/p][/quote]In Hastings? Unlikely...... ZeeGee, ffs
  • Score: 11

2:54pm Fri 16 May 14

Mr chock says...

ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
FatherTed11 wrote:
I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.
In Hastings? Unlikely......
if he was in brighton he would have recycled the smashed glass ? maybe we ned more info on this story FIRST why was he so so angry he had to go and get a bottle from the local shop when right next door is Sports Direct they sell a great Baseball bat for £5 he could have given the " abusive teenagers some motivation to get sporty..
[quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FatherTed11[/bold] wrote: I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.[/p][/quote]In Hastings? Unlikely......[/p][/quote]if he was in brighton he would have recycled the smashed glass ? maybe we ned more info on this story FIRST why was he so so angry he had to go and get a bottle from the local shop when right next door is Sports Direct they sell a great Baseball bat for £5 he could have given the " abusive teenagers some motivation to get sporty.. Mr chock
  • Score: 6

8:34am Sat 17 May 14

TIMBURRY says...

Mr chock wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
FatherTed11 wrote:
I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.
In Hastings? Unlikely......
if he was in brighton he would have recycled the smashed glass ? maybe we ned more info on this story FIRST why was he so so angry he had to go and get a bottle from the local shop when right next door is Sports Direct they sell a great Baseball bat for £5 he could have given the " abusive teenagers some motivation to get sporty..
The wine was on special offer BOGOF.
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FatherTed11[/bold] wrote: I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.[/p][/quote]In Hastings? Unlikely......[/p][/quote]if he was in brighton he would have recycled the smashed glass ? maybe we ned more info on this story FIRST why was he so so angry he had to go and get a bottle from the local shop when right next door is Sports Direct they sell a great Baseball bat for £5 he could have given the " abusive teenagers some motivation to get sporty..[/p][/quote]The wine was on special offer BOGOF. TIMBURRY
  • Score: 1

8:34am Sat 17 May 14

TIMBURRY says...

Mr chock wrote:
ZeeGee, ffs wrote:
FatherTed11 wrote:
I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.
In Hastings? Unlikely......
if he was in brighton he would have recycled the smashed glass ? maybe we ned more info on this story FIRST why was he so so angry he had to go and get a bottle from the local shop when right next door is Sports Direct they sell a great Baseball bat for £5 he could have given the " abusive teenagers some motivation to get sporty..
The wine was on special offer BOGOF.
[quote][p][bold]Mr chock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ZeeGee, ffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FatherTed11[/bold] wrote: I just hope it wasn't a vintage year. Such a waste.[/p][/quote]In Hastings? Unlikely......[/p][/quote]if he was in brighton he would have recycled the smashed glass ? maybe we ned more info on this story FIRST why was he so so angry he had to go and get a bottle from the local shop when right next door is Sports Direct they sell a great Baseball bat for £5 he could have given the " abusive teenagers some motivation to get sporty..[/p][/quote]The wine was on special offer BOGOF. TIMBURRY
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree