A man has been fined for racially abusing an off-duty security guard who could not give his friend any change.
Unemployed Allan Morris, of Fletcher Close in Hailsham, racially abused an Asian man walking in Terminus Road, Eastbourne, to catch a bus after he did not have any change to give to Morris's friend on April 17.
The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to an offence of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress at Hastings Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and was fined £100 plus a £20 victim surcharge.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Live blog: Brighton and Hove City Council budget 2017/18
- Storm Doris: Live updates as 70mph winds are expected in Sussex
- Cyclist, 68, dies after being found with serious head injuries
- Exclusion zone put in place after 'bomb' found near leisure centre
- UPDATED: Lady Colin Campbell found guilty over three-car pile-up