A man has been fined for racially abusing an off-duty security guard who could not give his friend any change.
Unemployed Allan Morris, of Fletcher Close in Hailsham, racially abused an Asian man walking in Terminus Road, Eastbourne, to catch a bus after he did not have any change to give to Morris's friend on April 17.
The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to an offence of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress at Hastings Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and was fined £100 plus a £20 victim surcharge.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Animal rights activists’ threats force children's charity to cancel fundraiser
- Plain clothes police officers monitoring traveller encampments after residents complaints
- Man undergoes reconstructive surgery after he is beaten up outside Mash Tun in Brighton
- Disruption into London Bridge as fallen tree damages rail and train
- Killer freed from jail to strike again in terrifying stab horror