A man has been fined for racially abusing an off-duty security guard who could not give his friend any change.
Unemployed Allan Morris, of Fletcher Close in Hailsham, racially abused an Asian man walking in Terminus Road, Eastbourne, to catch a bus after he did not have any change to give to Morris's friend on April 17.
The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to an offence of racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress at Hastings Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and was fined £100 plus a £20 victim surcharge.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Party loyalties split over EU issue as referendum debate hots up
- 400 jobs set to go at Kate's Cakes factory in Ashington
- New £4.5 million open air pool will be first of its kind in the country
- Pressure mounts on Sussex Police to explain involvement in monitoring of MP Caroline Lucas
- Artists Open Houses returns with 60 new exhibitions