Barbecue warning following two fires

Barbecue warning following two fires

Barbecue warning following two fires

First published in News
Last updated

People are being reminded not to dump disposable barbecues into communal bins.
 

Fire crews were called out twice on Friday evening to the Sutherland Road and Rochester Street area of Brighton to deal with bin fires.
 

Both incidents were caused by barbecues that had not been put out properly.

Disposable barbeques should not be placed  in a rubbish bin until they have cooled down properly.

This may take several hours.

Once cool, water should be poured over it to make sure it's out.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:24am Sat 31 May 14

Mr chock says...

wow Argus you mist a thing there..... " People are being reminded not to dump disposable barbecues into communal bins. " .. what about them left on hove lawns and the beach bbq gatherings ...
so thanks for leaving the comments area active Argus thats my rant " trolling for this morning ..."
wow Argus you mist a thing there..... " People are being reminded not to dump disposable barbecues into communal bins. " .. what about them left on hove lawns and the beach bbq gatherings ... so thanks for leaving the comments area active Argus thats my rant " trolling for this morning ..." Mr chock
  • Score: -4

4:35pm Sat 31 May 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

Other countries have bins to safely dispose of BBQ's - it would appear that would be a good idea here now.
Other countries have bins to safely dispose of BBQ's - it would appear that would be a good idea here now. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree