Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Entrants sought for returning historic speed trials
10:12am Tuesday 3rd June 2014 in News
Petrolheads are being invited to take part in a historic seafront race event after a year’s absence and a very public fight for its future.
The Brighton and Hove Motor Club has announced that The Brighton Speed Trials is now open for entries.
The speed trials have been running in Brighton since 1905 and this year’s event will take place on Saturday September 6.
Following the death of competitor Charlotte Tagg in 2012’s event, the future of the event was in doubt with Brighton and Hove City Council citing safety fears.
But a high-profile campaign featuring Sir Stirling Moss, Brighton-based bestselling author Peter James, Tiff Needell of Fifth Gear, Nick Mason of Pink Floyd and Top Gear’s The Stig has led to the race events return after just a year away.
More than 200 cars and motor bikes are expected to line-up to take the timed run along Madeira Drive.
Forms to enter the Speed Trials are now live to download via the web site www.brightonandhovemotorclub.co.uk.
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Arcade left gutted by blaze at 140-year-old venue
- Former PCSO found guilty of stealing from passengers at Gatwick Airport
- Man left with cuts and bruises after being attacked in front of his wife and children
- Man left with broken eye socket after being attacked by two men
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
Comments are closed on this article.