Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Proms piece to celebrate life of mathematical genius
10:46am Sunday 8th June 2014 in News
The life of a mathematical genius is to be marked in a new musical piece by a celebrated pop duo.
The Pet Shop Boys are to use their new orchestral work about St Leonards-raised computer pioneer Alan Turing to call for “tens of thousands of men” imprisoned or fined for committing homosexual acts to be pardoned according to national newspaper reports.
Turing, who was raised and educated in St Leonards, was prosecuted for gross indecency in 1952 and underwent chemical castration rather than go to prison.
He died two years later from cyanide poisoning but was granted a posthumous pardon by the Queen on Christmas Eve last year.
A Man From The Future will be premiered at the Royal Albert hall during the Proms season on July 23.
- Robber jailed after break-in was transmitted via Xbox
- Family announce the death of actress Dora Bryan
- Man dies after collapse outside restaurant
- Van driver airlifted to hospital after crash
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
Comments are closed on this article.