The life of a mathematical genius is to be marked in a new musical piece by a celebrated pop duo.
The Pet Shop Boys are to use their new orchestral work about St Leonards-raised computer pioneer Alan Turing to call for “tens of thousands of men” imprisoned or fined for committing homosexual acts to be pardoned according to national newspaper reports.
Turing, who was raised and educated in St Leonards, was prosecuted for gross indecency in 1952 and underwent chemical castration rather than go to prison.
He died two years later from cyanide poisoning but was granted a posthumous pardon by the Queen on Christmas Eve last year.
A Man From The Future will be premiered at the Royal Albert hall during the Proms season on July 23.
- MasterChef winner to open his first restaurant in the city
- Your chance to gain a grant from Pride cash
- Taxi companies set to fight for your custom as Uber launches in Brighton and Hove
- £47 million A27 improvement will save drivers less than 15 seconds
- Government minister may have misled Parliament over details of ambulance transport crisis