A man got into difficulties trying to recover his flip-flop from the sea.
South East Coast Ambulance Service were called to Hastings at 11am this morning after he got into difficulty trying to recover his flip flop from sea but fortunately the man did not need treatment.
Paramedics said the incident highlighted the strength of the tide and undercurrent with other swimmers also reporting difficult swimming conditions.
- Residents angry over late-night violence and drug dealing at popular student night
- Shared bike plan not yet 'fit for purpose'
- Top Tory makes pizza at Hove restaurant chain where apprenticeship pledge is announced
- Woman calls 999 and asks for firefighters after she discovers "large spider" in her house
- Father cheats death as roof caves in around him