A man got into difficulties trying to recover his flip-flop from the sea.
South East Coast Ambulance Service were called to Hastings at 11am this morning after he got into difficulty trying to recover his flip flop from sea but fortunately the man did not need treatment.
Paramedics said the incident highlighted the strength of the tide and undercurrent with other swimmers also reporting difficult swimming conditions.
- 22-year-old man found dead in Brighton named
- Four passengers treated for injuries as bus crashes with car
- Mortar found in Brighton school
- Second wine theft in a week as burglars make off with more than £10,000 worth of bottles
- Brighton cafe-bar wins battle to keep its licence with a few minor amendments