A 45-year-old is to appear in court accused of hurling anti-Islamic insults at another man on an industrial estate.
Sussex Police officers were called at around 5pm on Tuesday June 10 to a report of an assault following an argument between two men at Oaks Farm Workshops in Framfield near Uckfield.
Phillip Shitto, 45, of Oaks Farm, Framfield, has been charged with racially or religiously aggravated common assault and possession of cannabis.
He was released on bail to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday July 3.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man found unconscious outside Brighton railway station
- Prolific conman on the run after allegedly defrauding lover of £850,000
- Call for greater police presence to stop neighbourhood being turned into "no-go area"
- Department of Health: ‘Allegations of illegally operating ambulances are very serious and need to be investigated’
- Bar explosion: 'We don't know why anyone would want to do this. Thankfully no-one was hurt'