A 45-year-old is to appear in court accused of hurling anti-Islamic insults at another man on an industrial estate.
Sussex Police officers were called at around 5pm on Tuesday June 10 to a report of an assault following an argument between two men at Oaks Farm Workshops in Framfield near Uckfield.
Phillip Shitto, 45, of Oaks Farm, Framfield, has been charged with racially or religiously aggravated common assault and possession of cannabis.
He was released on bail to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday July 3.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Police hunt man after girl, 14, raped near field in Ovingdean
- Mum quits job to enter competitions full time after winning £250,000 in prizes
- Drugs wizard jailed for developing chemistry lab in Ovingdean says time behind bars was ‘awesome’
- VIDEO: Tragedy feared from planes flying ‘dangerously low’ over Shoreham