A 45-year-old is to appear in court accused of hurling anti-Islamic insults at another man on an industrial estate.
Sussex Police officers were called at around 5pm on Tuesday June 10 to a report of an assault following an argument between two men at Oaks Farm Workshops in Framfield near Uckfield.
Phillip Shitto, 45, of Oaks Farm, Framfield, has been charged with racially or religiously aggravated common assault and possession of cannabis.
He was released on bail to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday July 3.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATED: Man arrested on attempted murder charge after woman stabbed multiple times in Brighton
- Manhunt launched after teenager stabbed multiple times manages to escape her attacker on a nearby bus
- Three men and three boys face court on child sexual exploitation charges
- Spate of dog deaths after owners walked their animals in city parks
- Vulnerable Brighton schoolgirl forced into prostitution after running away from home