A burglar threatened a resident with a gun and sparked a man hunt.
Sussex Police officers with helicopter support were sent to Ford Lane in Ford after a burglar threatened a homeowner with a gun at 11.35am this morning.
At this moment, the man is still at large despite the extensive police operation.
The burglary victim suffered a cut head which required hospital treatment after he was attacked by the man on his doorstep who took money from him.
Chief Inspector Chris Ball said: "We had armed officers in the area searching for the attacker in and around Ford Lane.
"The suspect was black, thin, 5' 11" and in his mid 20s. He was clean shaven, had short hair and was wearing a brown suit with a green shirt underneath.
"If you see someone who fits that description, do not approach him but instead call 999 immediately."
Anyone with information about the incident should call 101 quoting serial 614 of 18/6, email email@example.com or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- New £4.5 million open air pool will be first of its kind in the country
- Pressure mounts on Sussex Police to explain involvement in monitoring of MP Caroline Lucas
- Party loyalties split over EU issue as referendum debate hots up
- 400 jobs set to go at Kate's Cakes factory
- Artists Open Houses returns with 60 new exhibitions