Three police officers saved the life of a man who had stopped breathing by giving him the kiss of life for 15 minutes.
PCs James Lockwood, Sarah Masters and Chris Bartram were called to a home in Goring at 8.45pm on Tuesday after a report that a man in his thirties had collapsed.
On their arrival they found the man unconscious and officers carried out CPR on him for 15 minutes until an ambulance crew arrived who continued to work on him for a further 30 minutes before he regained consciousness.
The man, who was suffering the effects of an overdose in Worthing, was then taken to hospital where he is recovering.
Inspector Allan Lowe said; "The ambulance crew said that the man would have died had it not been for the work of the police officers.
“This was a very good reaction by our officers, who were able to use the first aid training that all our operational staff receive."
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Woman sexually assaulted in Brighton alleyway
- Man arrested after five Brighton and Hove betting shops are vandalised
- In The Dock: Three people who have appeared in court from Hove
- Residents evacuated in flat fire
- Kitten sealed inside plastic box and thrown over Portslade fence