Two police officers were injured after violence broke out at a drunken students’ evening.
The two Sussex Police officers were assaulted while in pursuit of a suspect in the aftermath of a street attack.
The officers were responding to a violent scuffle in Robertson Street, Hastings, shortly before 3am on Friday where three Asian men, all aged 21, suffered facial injuries after being attacked by three white men.
The two male officers were both pursuing a suspect when they were hurt and required treatment at the scene by paramedics.
Two men, both 18, have been arrested on suspicion of assault while another man wanted in connection with the incident is still at large.
Martin Mann of the Hastings Police response investigation team, said: "These events followed a students' evening in Hastings.
"Many people had been drinking and many were still around when these assaults took place.
"I would urge anyone who saw what happened or who may have taken photographs on mobile phones to contact Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with whatever information they may have, quoting serial 166 of 27/6.”
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Policeman left paralysed after accident while on holiday with young family
- Yummy steak and kidney pie is the best! Sussex farm shop scoops gold at awards ceremony
- Band bans all phones from their secret Brighton gig
- Couple set to break the record for oldest to marry when they tie the knot on his 103rd birthday
- Youngsters dance their way to the top of international contest