The ArgusGunman scare turned out to be theatrical props (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Gunman scare turned out to be theatrical props

The Argus: Police gunman reports turned out to be theatrical prop Police gunman reports turned out to be theatrical prop

Police were called to Church Street, Brighton, this morning to reports a man had been seen with a gun shortly before 7am.

However it was soon established the two guns he was carrying were theatrical props..

A spokeswoman from Sussex Police said: "Police attended Church Street in Brighton where a man was reported to have been seen with a gun shortly after 7am on Thursday (July 3).

"The two guns being carried by the man were actually theatrical props. Advice has been given that they should have been covered up while they were being moved."

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:43am Thu 3 Jul 14

Caute3 says...

So was it a papier mache massive cannon?
So was it a papier mache massive cannon? Caute3
  • Score: 1

9:49am Thu 3 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

"Advice has been given that they should have been covered up while they were being moved."

Yeah, as we don't want any silly police officers getting confused, do we?

Remember Harry Stanley's 'deadly'....er......
table leg?
"Advice has been given that they should have been covered up while they were being moved." Yeah, as we don't want any silly police officers getting confused, do we? Remember Harry Stanley's 'deadly'....er...... table leg? stevo!!
  • Score: 0

11:31am Thu 3 Jul 14

Goldenwight says...

Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?
Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid? Goldenwight
  • Score: -2

11:45am Thu 3 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Goldenwight wrote:
Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?
Killed by who, exactly?
[quote][p][bold]Goldenwight[/bold] wrote: Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?[/p][/quote]Killed by who, exactly? stevo!!
  • Score: 5

5:27pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Goldenwight says...

stevo!! wrote:
Goldenwight wrote: Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?
Killed by who, exactly?
Try wandering around Westminster of Heathrow Airport with a realistic gun (please), and you will no doubt be nominated for a well deserved Darwin Award when the Police shoot first and ask questions later. And it would not be the first time this has happened, either.
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Goldenwight[/bold] wrote: Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?[/p][/quote]Killed by who, exactly?[/p][/quote]Try wandering around Westminster of Heathrow Airport with a realistic gun (please), and you will no doubt be nominated for a well deserved Darwin Award when the Police shoot first and ask questions later. And it would not be the first time this has happened, either. Goldenwight
  • Score: 2

6:33pm Thu 3 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Goldenwight wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Goldenwight wrote: Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?
Killed by who, exactly?
Try wandering around Westminster of Heathrow Airport with a realistic gun (please), and you will no doubt be nominated for a well deserved Darwin Award when the Police shoot first and ask questions later. And it would not be the first time this has happened, either.
The police don't 'shoot first, ask later', actually.

No matter how low our opinion of PC Trigger and PC Happy, they are forced by law to issue a challenge to every potential target.

So, he was perfectly safe walking around with those props.
[quote][p][bold]Goldenwight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Goldenwight[/bold] wrote: Moron is lucky he didn't get killed. How can anyone be so stupid?[/p][/quote]Killed by who, exactly?[/p][/quote]Try wandering around Westminster of Heathrow Airport with a realistic gun (please), and you will no doubt be nominated for a well deserved Darwin Award when the Police shoot first and ask questions later. And it would not be the first time this has happened, either.[/p][/quote]The police don't 'shoot first, ask later', actually. No matter how low our opinion of PC Trigger and PC Happy, they are forced by law to issue a challenge to every potential target. So, he was perfectly safe walking around with those props. stevo!!
  • Score: 1
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree