A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Widow brands fake paramedic 'the devil incarnate'
- Fire engine cut ‘will risk lives’
- Man climbs onto rooftops after police chase through Brighton city centre
- Apology after warden knocked down at Woodingdean school
- Ofsted drop inspector accused of copying and pasting reports on Sussex schools