A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Council wins grant to help fund £2.1 million scheme to reduce congestion
- Former Worthing star swoops in to save club
- Seven in court over Brighton heroin raids
- Student duped into becoming money mule by fake job advert
- Twenty years after being given HIV-infected blood, Mark Ward from Peacehaven finally gets some sense of justice