A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Minister announces he will step down at general election to "make way for younger candidate"
- Dreaming of a white February
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Six of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again