A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- A bit of Bondi to Brighton? Plans revealed for new £3 million swimming and leisure hotspot
- Nationalist march in Brighton postponed as EDL switch attention to Oxford after sex abuse scandal
- Brighton woman was so drunk behind the wheel she swerved across the A27 at just 30mph
- One of Brighton's oldest shops could be torn down to make way for entrance to new shopping square
- Missing man's car is found at Beachy Head