A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Homophobic attack victim tells how he could lose his sight
- Albion fans around the world have eyes on the big game
- Call for rail "disaster plan" to put an end to train delays
- Thousands using social welfare and community services provided by faith groups, charity says
- Stag parties threatened with two years in jail if they get drunk at airport