A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Peter Kyle and Caroline Lucas among the few MPs to vote against Brexit motion
- Tributes paid to teenage riding star killed in head-on car crash
- A Snowdog for little Niamh and a staggering £337,000 for The Martlets
- Rag 'n' Bone man named winner of Brits' critics' choice award
- Calls for the end of weekly bin collections to save money and boost recycling