A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Extension of free childcare offer in Brighton and Hove could fail because of "penny pinching" Government, councillor claims
- Success story for Brighton boys with £100 million contract
- Fines for school absence grow ten-fold since toughening up of rules
- Mr Blobby outfit completes year-long fancy dress challenge
- Lifting the lid on the rooms behind the doors of Something Street