A man will appear in court accused of shouting homophobic abuse at a bus driver.
Police were called to investigate a report that a man had homophobically abused a driver on a bus at Seven Dials in Brighton at 10am on Monday June 2.
David Matthews, of Windlesham Gardens in Brighton, has been charged with using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The 68-year-old will appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday August 14.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Friends tell how 'murder victim' Shana had been stalked
- Lucas: I'd be willing to enter electoral pact with Labour
- Sir Ian McKellen leads tributes to childhood friend and Nobel Prize-winning scientist Sir Harry Kroto
- Sussex council staff to receive £50,000 for overseeing EU referendum
- New waffle bakery opens in Brighton