Sofa blaze sparks alert

Sofa blaze sparks alert

Sofa blaze sparks alert

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS ask smokers to ensure cigarettes are put out after a man’s sofa caught fire.

West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service put out the fire at a flat in Ewhurst Road, Crawley, at 4.55pm on August 17 after a cigarette set a sofa alight, significantly damaging the flat.

Fire chiefs ask smokers to use an ashtray and always ensure the cigarette is fully out.

For a free home safety check, by the fire service, call freephone 0800 328 6487.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree