Crawley boss John Gregory admits he is “nervous” about the prospect of losing Joe Walsh.
Walsh is one of just three survivors from last season’s squad still with Reds but Gregory is expecting interest in the Wales under-21 international before the end of the transfer window.
The 21-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Crawley and Gregory concedes the club would have to consider any substantial offer the defender having already cashed in on Walsh’s close friend Kyle McFadzean.
Gregory said: “I am always very aware of someone trying to nick one or two of my senior ones come the August deadline.
“Somebody might come in at the last minute and you’ve only got 24 hours to make your mind up. I am always nervous about that.
“I am surprised no one has come in for Joe. Peterborough came in for him last year and it was an opportunity for him to move on.
“It was an offer we were almost prepared to take but in the end Joe didn’t want to go. He is very happy here but if a life changing move came along I think he would have to take it and we would probably have to take it as well.
“We’ll just have to wait and see but hopefully Joe will still be here on September 1.”
- Video: Watch the match highlights as Albion struggle to breakdown Blackpool
- If it wasn't Baldock, who WAS man of the match for Albion today? Cast your vote here
- Baldock surprised by man-of-the-match award
- Hyypia says boos were not deserved at the end
- Talking point: How can Albion get back on the goal trail?