First year professional Jimmy Muitt scored a hat-trick as Albion’s under-21s won 4-0 at Arundel last night.
Muitt, right, is one of five trainees who signed professional deals with the development squad in the summer.
The other four – Robin Deen, Charlie Harris, Jason Davis and Cameron Wiltshire – all played a part in the win at Arundel along with former Chelsea duo Daniel Pappoe and George Cole who are believed to have been offered deals ahead of the new season.
Cole fired over within 90 seconds to set the tone for the evening.
Muitt broke the deadlock on four minutes when he turned home Harris’s cross from the right and two minutes later Deen doubled the advantage after Tom Dallison’s shot had been well saved by James Fernandes.
Muitt scored his second on 55 minutes and completed his hat-trick with an expertly taken header.
Albion: Smith; Barry, Hunt, Rea, Dallison; Pappoe, Deen, Harris; Muitt, Starkey, Cole. Subs (all used): Wiltshire, Davis, Asmundsson plus two trialists.
- The one big hurdle Albion will probably have to conquer if they are to go up
- Hughton: 'Taking Albion up would top the lot'
- Joyce helps Sussex recover after tricky start against Leicestershire
- Sheffield Wednesday or Derby for Albion - but only if they miss automatic promotion
- Albion's first Israeli signing still a fan