Orlandi signing for Blackpool

Andrea Orlandi

Andrea Orlandi

First published in Sport by , Chief sports reporter

Andrea Orlandi is on course for an early season return to the Amex - with Albion's seaside rivals Blackpool.

The Seagulls' former midfielder is signing a year's contract at Bloomfield Road with an option, subject to passing a medical.

The Spaniard has been training with the under 21's at former club Swansea after Albion, Blackpool's hosts on September 20, surprisingly released him at the end of last season.

Orlandi's appearances were restricted by injury problems but he was top of the combined goals and assists table the year before.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:14pm Thu 31 Jul 14

AlanDuffy says...

Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why. AlanDuffy
  • Score: 24

3:25pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Baldseagull says...

Given the quality of the medical and physio staff and facilities at the club now, you would hope they assessed him accurately as too high risk for injury.
Because as a fit player, he is quality.
Given the quality of the medical and physio staff and facilities at the club now, you would hope they assessed him accurately as too high risk for injury. Because as a fit player, he is quality. Baldseagull
  • Score: 26

3:27pm Thu 31 Jul 14

VegasSeagull says...

AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
[quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 14

3:32pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Captain Haddock says...

Nice bloke and a quality player. I guess doubts over injuries was the reason for release, but the best of luck to him in the rest of his career.

(Bet he scores against us now.)
Nice bloke and a quality player. I guess doubts over injuries was the reason for release, but the best of luck to him in the rest of his career. (Bet he scores against us now.) Captain Haddock
  • Score: 23

3:58pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Max Ripple says...

Letting Andy Orlandi go was a mistake in my book. I know he was injured for much of last season but he had an edge of class over many other players. A vision. A great long cross field pass. And a good dead ball man. Still, never mind. Good luck at Blackpool Andy.
Letting Andy Orlandi go was a mistake in my book. I know he was injured for much of last season but he had an edge of class over many other players. A vision. A great long cross field pass. And a good dead ball man. Still, never mind. Good luck at Blackpool Andy. Max Ripple
  • Score: 22

4:13pm Thu 31 Jul 14

SMF20 says...

Captain, Max.

Couldn't agree more with your posts guys. Nothing left to say.

11 players or not. Blackpool have signed some real talent in the last couple of day.
Captain, Max. Couldn't agree more with your posts guys. Nothing left to say. 11 players or not. Blackpool have signed some real talent in the last couple of day. SMF20
  • Score: 11

4:15pm Thu 31 Jul 14

SMF20 says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Nice post Vegas.

I actually think we let him go for the reasons you give combined.

Top bloke and great player
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Nice post Vegas. I actually think we let him go for the reasons you give combined. Top bloke and great player SMF20
  • Score: 9

4:21pm Thu 31 Jul 14

The Phantom says...

Undoubtedly talented player but never really impacted when he did return last season so can understand why he was released. Did some great things at the Amex and linked particularly well with Spanish Dave. Scored some the odd quality goal and missed some sitters but always enjoyed watching him. Good luck at Blackpool.
Undoubtedly talented player but never really impacted when he did return last season so can understand why he was released. Did some great things at the Amex and linked particularly well with Spanish Dave. Scored some the odd quality goal and missed some sitters but always enjoyed watching him. Good luck at Blackpool. The Phantom
  • Score: 15

4:42pm Thu 31 Jul 14

mikeygit says...

Blackpool have themselves a gem IF he stays fit!!
Would have been good if the headline was ´Brighton sign a top notch forward´ BUT I am sure it will come.
Blackpool have themselves a gem IF he stays fit!! Would have been good if the headline was ´Brighton sign a top notch forward´ BUT I am sure it will come. mikeygit
  • Score: 1

5:01pm Thu 31 Jul 14

elljam says...

All the previous talk about Orlandi's salary being the main reason for his departure must be wide of the mark because there is no way that Blackpool will be paying him top dollar.
I'm assuming that he's taken a pay cut to join Blackpool, so surely we could have retained him on lesser money, because what I've seen come through the door so far for the coming season hasn't inspired me.
Our current midfield looks workmanlike at best, without one player who adds that creative quality needed to unlock doors.

Let's hope the club have somebody better than Orlandi lined up otherwise we have missed a trick.
All the previous talk about Orlandi's salary being the main reason for his departure must be wide of the mark because there is no way that Blackpool will be paying him top dollar. I'm assuming that he's taken a pay cut to join Blackpool, so surely we could have retained him on lesser money, because what I've seen come through the door so far for the coming season hasn't inspired me. Our current midfield looks workmanlike at best, without one player who adds that creative quality needed to unlock doors. Let's hope the club have somebody better than Orlandi lined up otherwise we have missed a trick. elljam
  • Score: 12

5:02pm Thu 31 Jul 14

jarmonesque says...

Slow injury prone showpony. No loss.
Slow injury prone showpony. No loss. jarmonesque
  • Score: -12

5:05pm Thu 31 Jul 14

graham w says...

Brillant player but his sick record tells it all. ...sorry to see him go...
Brillant player but his sick record tells it all. ...sorry to see him go... graham w
  • Score: 7

5:09pm Thu 31 Jul 14

VegasSeagull says...

mikeygit wrote:
Blackpool have themselves a gem IF he stays fit!!
Would have been good if the headline was ´Brighton sign a top notch forward´ BUT I am sure it will come.
Hi Mickey, as you say, 'IF,' he stays fit.

It seems to me that we have enough gambles running regarding the continued fitness of some of our retained players. Buckley, Kaz, CMS.
I list Kaz simply because I beleieve that there has to be a reason for him not to have been a starter on a more regular basis last season. It might be a question of nothing more than stamina, but surely that is something that should come right as the season progresses, but if that was the issue, then something is wrong.
CMS, well he is getting over a terrible injury, will he hold up, only time will tell.
Buckley, another who suffered repetitive injury last season, so again a gamble.

Letting a talented player go is a decision that has to be based on something, my guess is that his injury record was a major factor, a factor that becomes more important when we consider the gamble the other three I have named pose, pose in my humble opinion.
[quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Blackpool have themselves a gem IF he stays fit!! Would have been good if the headline was ´Brighton sign a top notch forward´ BUT I am sure it will come.[/p][/quote]Hi Mickey, as you say, 'IF,' he stays fit. It seems to me that we have enough gambles running regarding the continued fitness of some of our retained players. Buckley, Kaz, CMS. I list Kaz simply because I beleieve that there has to be a reason for him not to have been a starter on a more regular basis last season. It might be a question of nothing more than stamina, but surely that is something that should come right as the season progresses, but if that was the issue, then something is wrong. CMS, well he is getting over a terrible injury, will he hold up, only time will tell. Buckley, another who suffered repetitive injury last season, so again a gamble. Letting a talented player go is a decision that has to be based on something, my guess is that his injury record was a major factor, a factor that becomes more important when we consider the gamble the other three I have named pose, pose in my humble opinion. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

5:16pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Tony the tiger eastbourne says...

I think the club was very short sighted by letting Orlandi go. Personally giving him just another year to prove his worth would of gone well. Good luck to him,nice fella
I think the club was very short sighted by letting Orlandi go. Personally giving him just another year to prove his worth would of gone well. Good luck to him,nice fella Tony the tiger eastbourne
  • Score: 9

5:35pm Thu 31 Jul 14

mikeygit says...

Orlandi no doubt was let go because of his fitness record and I guess likewise Buckley could be on ´borrowed´time. Kaz was in and out of the team last season or only played as a sub for similar reasons. If it is down to stamina then he should be put on a strong fitness regime. He has been playing football long enough now not to have stamina problems--or there is also a question mark over him.
Orlandi no doubt was let go because of his fitness record and I guess likewise Buckley could be on ´borrowed´time. Kaz was in and out of the team last season or only played as a sub for similar reasons. If it is down to stamina then he should be put on a strong fitness regime. He has been playing football long enough now not to have stamina problems--or there is also a question mark over him. mikeygit
  • Score: -3

5:46pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Albion In Staffs says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you!
You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done.
The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you! You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done. The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go. Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 4

5:47pm Thu 31 Jul 14

rolivan says...

Tony the tiger eastbourne wrote:
I think the club was very short sighted by letting Orlandi go. Personally giving him just another year to prove his worth would of gone well. Good luck to him,nice fella
Just like Wayne Bridge and how many games did he play last Season We have been carrying far too many injury prone players for too long and that includes some of the current players.
[quote][p][bold]Tony the tiger eastbourne[/bold] wrote: I think the club was very short sighted by letting Orlandi go. Personally giving him just another year to prove his worth would of gone well. Good luck to him,nice fella[/p][/quote]Just like Wayne Bridge and how many games did he play last Season We have been carrying far too many injury prone players for too long and that includes some of the current players. rolivan
  • Score: -7

5:57pm Thu 31 Jul 14

AlfieT says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you!
You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done.
The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.
Agree, very easy to let your heart rule your head with players like Orlandi, I was a huge fan of his. No doubt the medical team have their say when players contracts are up for negotiation, couple that with salarys and some difficult decisions have to be made.
Good luck Andrea, just don't come back to haunt us please.
[quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you! You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done. The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.[/p][/quote]Agree, very easy to let your heart rule your head with players like Orlandi, I was a huge fan of his. No doubt the medical team have their say when players contracts are up for negotiation, couple that with salarys and some difficult decisions have to be made. Good luck Andrea, just don't come back to haunt us please. AlfieT
  • Score: 3

6:03pm Thu 31 Jul 14

VegasSeagull says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you!
You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done.
The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.
'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.
[quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you! You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done. The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.[/p][/quote]'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 6

6:08pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Albion In Staffs says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you!
You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done.
The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.
'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.
The north is "a tad more common" and I have a "head start"...
You're at it again, but I'll refrain. I'm too busy walking the whippets....
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you! You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done. The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.[/p][/quote]'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.[/p][/quote]The north is "a tad more common" and I have a "head start"... You're at it again, but I'll refrain. I'm too busy walking the whippets.... Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 7

6:29pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Andrea Orlandigasm says...

Good luck sexy
Good luck sexy Andrea Orlandigasm
  • Score: 4

6:54pm Thu 31 Jul 14

VegasSeagull says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you!
You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done.
The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.
'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.
The north is "a tad more common" and I have a "head start"...
You're at it again, but I'll refrain. I'm too busy walking the whippets....
God I so hope that you are wearing a flat cap whilst walking your whippets, :-))

yes at it again, how did your cricket net go?
[quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you! You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done. The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.[/p][/quote]'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.[/p][/quote]The north is "a tad more common" and I have a "head start"... You're at it again, but I'll refrain. I'm too busy walking the whippets....[/p][/quote]God I so hope that you are wearing a flat cap whilst walking your whippets, :-)) yes at it again, how did your cricket net go? VegasSeagull
  • Score: -1

7:47pm Thu 31 Jul 14

SA Seagull says...

Orlandi was IMHO a very gifted player when fit, what i am more interested is how many games he plays for Blackpool this season, If they get 25 games out of him it would raise questions about our medical staff and fitness regime. If he keeps breaking down then vindication and foresight from the staff of BHA for letting him go.
Orlandi was IMHO a very gifted player when fit, what i am more interested is how many games he plays for Blackpool this season, If they get 25 games out of him it would raise questions about our medical staff and fitness regime. If he keeps breaking down then vindication and foresight from the staff of BHA for letting him go. SA Seagull
  • Score: 3

7:49pm Thu 31 Jul 14

OldGull says...

A class player, shame about his injury problems.
Hope he has a successful season for Blackpool.
But also hope he has 2 poor games
A class player, shame about his injury problems. Hope he has a successful season for Blackpool. But also hope he has 2 poor games OldGull
  • Score: 3

8:57pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Albion In Staffs says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Albion In Staffs wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
AlanDuffy wrote:
Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.
Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem.

I wish him luck.
Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you!
You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done.
The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.
'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.
The north is "a tad more common" and I have a "head start"...
You're at it again, but I'll refrain. I'm too busy walking the whippets....
God I so hope that you are wearing a flat cap whilst walking your whippets, :-))

yes at it again, how did your cricket net go?
Average. And I don't have a flat cap. :)
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AlanDuffy[/bold] wrote: Still think he could have done a job for us but the club obviously had it's reasons for letting him go........sometimes it might be nice to know why.[/p][/quote]Whilst it might be nice to know why, it probably would be unfair to the out going player to tell why. When a player has undoubted ability, and I think most would say that Orlandi has, but th eplayer is released, money and persistent injury issues come into play. Did we offload him to cut our outgoings, or did we release him because we couldn't rely on his availability, either or is now Blackpool's problem. I wish him luck.[/p][/quote]Don't hold it against me, but I agree with you! You can't pour scorn on a player who is still trying to earn a living. It just ain't done. The reasons for his release, which may have nothing to do with the player himself, should stay private and so extending onward good wishes is the professional way to go.[/p][/quote]'Hold it against you,' no of course not, there comes a time when everybody finds common ground, of course the north is a tad more common than the Sussex downs, so you do have a head start on me, but i'll catch up, one day.[/p][/quote]The north is "a tad more common" and I have a "head start"... You're at it again, but I'll refrain. I'm too busy walking the whippets....[/p][/quote]God I so hope that you are wearing a flat cap whilst walking your whippets, :-)) yes at it again, how did your cricket net go?[/p][/quote]Average. And I don't have a flat cap. :) Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree