Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
IS THERE A BETTER WAY OF SETTING YOURSELF A FITNESS GOAL FOR THE SUMMER OF 2010 BY ENROLLING IN THE ARGUS APPEAL'S EXCITING BRIGHTON TO PARIS CYCLE CHALLENGE?.
All roads lead to the Eiffel Tower and the heart of Paris as we embark on this popular Brighton to Paris Challenge over three days, via cycle paths, canal paths and country roads.
Support from our generous sponsors Legal & General ensures that every penny YOU raise does go directly to charity, unlike so many other sponsored cycle challenges.
This popular event fills up fast (so hurry!) and we are confident that this years event will be value for money and an excellent way to have have fun whilst making new friends. What a great opportunity to set yourself a fitness target for the summer of 2010 and is there a more rewarding way of arriving in the capital of France?
This year includes a full evening to explore Dieppe!
The Brighton to Paris Challenge
July 28th - August 1st 2010
Cycling into the heart of Paris
- Half the trip virtually traffic free cycling along disused railway lines, canal paths and country roads.
- Accommodation in 2 & 3 star hotels (2 days half board.)
- Return home via Eurostar.
- Three days cycling of approximately 50 miles per day on relatively flat terrain avoiding busy routes.
- Wednesday, 28th July - Morning ferry to Dieppe.
- Thursday, 29th July - Dieppe to Gournay-en-Bray.
- Friday, 30th July - Gournay-en-Bray to Chantilly.
- Saturday, 31st July - Chantilly to Paris.
- Fully supported with daily checkpoints provided.
- Led by an experienced team of volunteers.
- Basic route maps provided.
For a printable sponsorship form, click here: AppealSponsorshipForm.pdf
For a registration form, click here: paristermsweb.pdf
- Registration for this event costs. £300. In addition each cyclist MUST raise a minimum of £500 for The Argus Appeal, to be collected six weeks after the event.
- A £100 non-returnable deposit secures a place; the remaining £200 registration fee needs to be paid by June 1st, 2010.
A cycling adventure of a lifetime!
Day 1: Wednesday, 28th July, 2010
Leave Brighton, first thing to cycle the short distance to Newhaven and board the 10.30a.m. sailing to Dieppe which will give us the opportunity to spend the evening exploring the quaint seaside town of Dieppe.
Day 2: Thursday, 29th July, 2010 - Dieppe to Gournay-en-Bray
L’Avenue Verte is a cyclists' dream - relax and take it easy in the Normandy countryside. This safe route to Gournay-en-Bray means you can meander in groups with no motor vehicles to hinder your progress. It is also kind on the legs - no hills! We pick up the L’Avenue Verte just south of Dieppe and follow it for 37miles all the way to Forges-Les-Eaux and then onto the comfortable cycle friendly hotel in the sleepy town of Gournay-en-Bray where we can relax and enjoy dinner together.
Day 3: Friday, 30th July, 2010 - Gournay-en-Bray to Chantilly
Today we pick our way through country roads en-route to the splendid town of Chantilly, home of the remarkable Château de Chantilly and famed for its cream, lace and huge racecourse. The town possesses numerous shops and restaurants. During the evening we have a second opportunity to enjoy dinner together.
Day 4: Saturday, 31st July, 2010 - Chantilly to Paris
The home stretch, and a slightly shorter ride sees us arrive in Paris by about 4pm, avoiding all the traffic you might associate with Paris, via the Canal de I'Ourque. You are then free to spend the evening exploring the city of Paris.
Day 5: Sunday, 1st August, 2010
An opportunity to spend the morning relaxing in Paris. Why not enjoy an early lunch in Paris before you return home in style via Eurostar. Connecting coach to Brighton arriving early Sunday evening.
Phone Alison on: 01273 544401
Write to: The Argus Appeal, Argus House, Crowhurst Road, Hollingbury, Brighton BN1 8AR