Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Getting in the spirit
- Churchill Square Shopping Centre Christmas Market, Brighton. Open daily until December 29, Monday to Wednesday 9am-6pm, Thursday 9am-8pm, Friday and Saturday 9am-7pm and Sunday 11am-5pm
The German-style Christmas market at Churchill Square Shopping Centre has been refurbished for 2012. Shoppers will find stalls illuminated with fairy lights selling a selection of Christmas food alongside unusual gifts. Visit www.churchillsquare.com
- Christmas Open Day, Brighton Dome Cafe, Church Street, Brighton. Saturday, November 24, 11am-4pm
Christmas entertainment in the cafe-bar with free seasonal activities for children plus live entertainment, and a pose-your-own Christmas card opportunity. Call 01273 709709 or visit www.brightondome.org
- Festive Food & Drink Fayre, The South of England Centre, Ardingly. Saturday and Sunday, December 1 and 2, 9am-4pm
Packed with scrumptious treats, including hand-made chocolates and sweets, seasonal healthy treats, local products including fish, meats, cheeses, fruit juices, preserves and pickles, and cakes and breads. There’s also fine British wines and liqueurs. Call 01444 892700 or visit www.seas.org.uk
- Sussex Family Christmas Fair, Charmandean Centre, Forest Road, Worthing. Sunday, December 2, 10.30am-4pm
Sussex Mums have organised this extravaganza showcasing Christmas gifts, contemporary crafts, baby and children products, demonstrations, festive workshops and a Santa’s Grotto. Visit www.sussexfamilychristmasfair.co.uk
- Brighton and Hove Artists Open House Christmas Festival, Saturday and Sunday, December 1 and 2, Saturday and Sunday, December 8 and 9 and Saturday and Sunday December 15 and 16.
The Artists’ Open House Christmas festival marks the start of the Christmas season, offering an array of work from contemporary and original local artists and makers. Follow the Open House Christmas trail to discover unique and unusual Christmas gifts for friends and family and choose from a host of beautiful handcrafted objects: jewellery, furniture, ceramics, textiles and clothing to suit every taste and budget. There is also an opportunity to chat to artists in their own homes and browse the work whilst sampling homemade mince pies. Various Brighton venues. Opening times vary. Visit www.aoh.org.uk
- Seaford Farmers Christmas Market, Friday, December 7, 5pm-9am
Seaford Farmers Market will hold an indoor Christmas Market at the Clinton Centre, Seaford, featuring stalls run by a number of local producers and craftspeople. The Seaford Farmers Market Cafe will be open from 5pm to 9pm for food and refreshment. Call 07984 021442
- The Rare Brand Christmas Market, Corn Exchange, Brighton. Friday and Saturday, December 7 and 8, 10am-6pm
The Rare Brand Market is holding their first Christmas Market in Brighton this year. As well as a selection of more than 40 “rare brands”, the market offers a gift-wrapping service and workshops to make your own Christmas presents. At this event you will be able to do all your Christmas shopping under one roof in a wonderful setting. Visit www.therarebrandmarket.co.uk
- Chichester Christmas Craft Market, East Street and North Street, Chichester. Saturday-Wednesday, December 8-12 and Thursday-Sunday, December 13-16, 9am-5.30pm
This popular market has this year been extended to nine days with more than 50 festival stalls setting up in the pedestrianised areas of North Street and East Street. A variety of unique crafts and gifts direct from the makers, designers and distributors at this Woodlands Crafts event. The Chichester Christmas Craft Market is held in association with the City Centre Partnership and Chichester District Council. Visit www.ukcraftfairs.com
- Brighton Christmas Boutique Market, Brighton Centre, Syndicate Wing, Russell Road entrance. Saturday, December 15, 11am-4pm
With more than 40 unique and vintage-inspired stalls, this Christmas market is the perfect place to find quirky decorations, unusual gifts and festive treats. There will also be a Rock Choir performing on the day and a charity raffle to raise money for the Rocking Horse Appeal. £1 entry fee. For more details call 01273 290131 or visit www.bellesevents.co.uk
- The City Charity Christmas Carol Concert, All Saints Church, The Drive, Hove. Tuesday, December 4, 7pm
The Choirs of All Saints Church are joined by The Brighton Consort, Brighton and Hove High School Senior Choir and the Hangleton Band in a concert narrated by actor Israel Oyelumade. In aid of The Argus Appeal and the Martlets Hospice. Tickets, priced £10 and £5, available from The Martlets Hospice at Wayfield Avenue, Hove; at Martlets shops in Hove, Brighton, Saltdean and Lewes; by phone on 01273 747455 ext 2; or from The Argus at Argus House, Crowhurst Road, Hollingbury, Brighton.
- Arundel by Candlelight, Town Square, Arundel. Saturday, December 8, 1-7pm
The town will look magical with its Christmas tree lights twinkling, town centre buildings adorned with lights and candles and plenty of Christmas stalls. As dusk falls, Christmas carols will fill the air as families enjoy mulled wine, hog roast and roasted chestnuts. For details, visit www.arundel.org.uk
- Christmas Concert, Brighton Dome Concert Hall, New Road. Saturday, December 8, 6pm
A joyous celebration of the best Christmas music from the London Gala Orchestra, Brighton Festival Chorus and Brighton Festival Youth Choir. For tickets, priced from £12.50, call 01273 709709 or visit www.brightondome.org
- Carols for Choir and Audience by Bexhill Choral Society, St Augustine’s Church, Saturday, December 8, 7.30pm
Choir concert at St Augustine’s Church, St Augustine’s Close, Bexhill-on-Sea. For tickets, priced £9, call 01424 213352 or from Second Spin, Sackville Road, Bexhill-on-Sea.
- Christmas Concert by Midhurst Music Society, St Mary’s Church, Old Town, Eastbourne. Saturday, December 8, 7.30pm
Tickets available on the door.
- Christmas Concert by Adur Concert Band, Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea. Sunday, December 9, 6pm
For tickets, visit www.ropetacklecentre.co.uk
- Great Big Christmas Sing, Congress Theatre, Carlisle Road, Eastbourne. Tuesday, December 11 until Thursday, December 13, 5.30pm and 7.30pm
There are six concerts over three days when more than 2,000 primary school children from across East Sussex are joined by one of the East Sussex Music Service’s Youth Ensembles for a dozen songs centred around Mary and Joseph’s amusing teenage donkey Dinkey. For tickets, priced £5, call 01323 412000 or visit www.eastbournetheatres.co.uk
- Christmas Concert At Danny With Vivace! Danny House, New Way Lane, Hurstpierpoint, Wednesday, December 12, 7.30pm
For tickets, priced £12, call 07740 946276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carols Evening, Wakehurst Place, Ardingly. Friday, December 14, 7pm.
Join local choirs and a band to sing under this great estate’s magnificent Christmas tree. Festive food and drink will be available, as well as children’s activities and a gift shop. Entry by donation (minimum £2). For details, call 01444 894067 or visit www.kew.org
- Christmas Concert by Adur Concert Band, Sussex County Cricket Club, The PROBIZ County Ground, Eaton Road, Hove. Friday, December 14, 7pm
For tickets, visit www.sussexcricket.co.uk
- “Pull a Cracker: A Christmas Crescendo”, Brighton Dome Concert Hall, New Road. Saturday, December 15, 7.30pm
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus performs a magical collection of yuletide favourites and rock and pop classics including Last Christmas and O Little Town Of Bethlehem. For tickets, priced from £18, call 01273 709709 or visit www.brightongmc.org
- Carol Concert, Lancing College Chapel, Lancing College. Sunday, December 16, 3pm
The annual fundraising concert for the Queen Alexandra Hospital Home features performances by Worthing Voices with Cantamus and Clapham and Patching CE Primary School as well as traditional congregational carols. For tickets, priced £6, call 01903 218444 or visit www.qahh.org.uk/events/carol-concert
- Cathedral Carol Services, Chichester Cathedral. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, December 21, 22 and 23
The cathedral’s choir sing Christmas carols in this magnificent venue at 6pm on Friday and Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. For tickets, visit www.chichester cathedral.org.uk
- The Crib Service, Chichester Cathedral. Monday, December 24, 4pm
Children can dress up as angels, shepherds or wise men for this service, which includes well-known carols. For details, visit www.chichestercathedral.org.uk
Comments are closed on this article.