Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Nigella in Brighton for book signing
10:30am Thursday 25th October 2012 in News
Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson told how she ‘loved Brighton’ following a book signing at Waterstones in the city.
More than 150 people paid a visit to the North Street bookshop yesterday (October 24) evening to meet the well-loved food writer.
The 52-year-old, who was signing copies of her new book ‘Nigellissima: Italian Express’, told how she used to visit the city with her grandmother.
Nigella said: “I’m very happy to see my Brighton fans. They were a lovely group.
“I have fond memories of the city as I used to come here with my grandmother who lived in Rottingdean.
“We used to go and have a coffee and walnut cake at a place in the Lanes.”
She added: “I also used to bring my children here when they were smaller and I come back regularly.
“I loved it and I love Brighton.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Business owners fight back over Brighton and Hove bin strike
- Troubled nursing home will close down
- Culture bids worthwhile says Hastings Borough Council after failed bid
- Council leader denies inappropriate texts
- Woman killed in A22 accident near Uckfield is named