Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Multi-storey Hove car park free plea
7:40am Saturday 27th October 2012 in News
Campaigners have collected more than 400 signatures calling for free parking in a multi-storey car park.
Conservative Party members created a petition asking for Brighton and Hove City Council to make parking free at weekends for everyone at the structure in Norton Road, opposite Hove Town Hall.
This would be extended to at all times for residents with Zone N parking permits. The petition was presented to the local authority at its full council meeting last night (October 25.
Central Hove ward councillor Andrew Wealls said: “It makes no sense to have a car park in the centre of Hove sitting empty – let people use it to benefit residents, visitors and local businesses.”
The issue will be referred to the council’s transport committee for further consideration at its meeting on November 27.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Tributes to Crawley child killed by mirror
- Chichester toddler savaged by dog