Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hero neighbour drags girls from burning Hove flat
A hero neighbour dragged two teenage girls to safety from their burning Hove home last night.
Firefighters were called to a basement flat in Brunswick Place, Hove, at around 2:30 this morning.
The blaze had broken out when one of the two girls who lived in the flat fell asleep while cooking.
A neighbour heard the alarm blaring and broke into the flat where he found both girls in bed.
After a number of attempts to rouse them, he dragged them both through the thick smoke out the front door to safety.
When firefighters arrived the flames had been doused by an automatic sprinkler system - but the flat was severely smoke-damaged.
All three were given oxygen and taken to hospital to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Father of teenager killed in Syria says he was a "martyr"
- Girl injured after plunging from Worthing seafront fairground ride
- Teenager killed in Syria conflict
- Some homes still without power following accident on the A22
- Preparing to mark 750th battle anniversary
Comments are closed on this article.