Campaigners have launched a campaign to reverse parking charge increases they argue are crippling their businesses.
Traders in London Road have launched an e-petition on Brighton and Hove City Council’s website to return the parking charges to their previous level for the London Road car park and for on street parking, including the first 20 minutes for free.
A paper petition held at shops in the area has already attracted more than 500 paper signatures and organisers hope they can attract 1,250 votes online to trigger a debate at a council meeting.
To sign visit present.brighton-hove.gov.uk before November 29.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caroline Lucas throws her hat in the ring to be Green Party leader
- Council criticised over £250,000 costs to recruit senior staff only for some to leave their jobs months later
- Family chosen to be faces of children's hospice campaign
- Pupils learn maths and literacy through football
- Bus pasta not bus pass - Italian restaurant teams up with sightseeing double-decker