Campaigners have launched a campaign to reverse parking charge increases they argue are crippling their businesses.
Traders in London Road have launched an e-petition on Brighton and Hove City Council’s website to return the parking charges to their previous level for the London Road car park and for on street parking, including the first 20 minutes for free.
A paper petition held at shops in the area has already attracted more than 500 paper signatures and organisers hope they can attract 1,250 votes online to trigger a debate at a council meeting.
To sign visit present.brighton-hove.gov.uk before November 29.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for "frenzied and vicious attack" on neighbour while he was on parole over a 1986 killing
- Landlord ‘beaten to a pulp’ over pint glasses
- UPDATE: A24 in Findon re-opened after multi-vehicle smash
- UPDATE: Man has both his thumbs cut off after attackers kidnap him from his home and abandon him in a field in "terrifying ordeal"
- Driver airlifted to hospital with serious head injury after Vauxhall Astra crashes into lampost