Home wrecked by blaze after electric blanket catches alight

First published in News by , Crime reporter

A house was wrecked in a fire which was caused by an electric blanket catching alight.

The property in The Ride, Ifold, near Billingshurst, was nearly totally gutted after the blaze broke out shortly after 11pm last night.

Four fire engines were at the scene for more than two hours.

A spokesman said 100% of the roof was damaged by fire and 80% of the rest of the house was ruined by smoke.

He added: “It was started accidentally.”

No one was trapped in the house which was believed to have been occupied by elderly people.

They were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:56pm Sat 10 Nov 12

Unbias says...

Bricks and motar.....as long as all were safe is ALL that matters. xx
Bricks and motar.....as long as all were safe is ALL that matters. xx Unbias
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree