A businessman has launched an official complaint against four councillors.
The local authority said it needed to introduce a ban on the north side of the road to keep traffic moving.
Mr Campbell collected more than 600 signatures against the plan, claiming it was unsafe as it forced him to carry heavy objects across the street.
He claims the Green administration took the decision out of “pure political bigotry and spite” after finding out he stood for the Conservatives in 2011 elections.
An official complaint has been lodged against councillors Ian Davey, Peter West, Phelim MacCafferty and Ollie Sykes.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Remains of murder victim Mark Manning found
- Killer broke down in tears when he saw tarot card of the devil
- Sandy beach could open up to the public once again
- School: We will not kill vixen and her cubs
- Naked bike ride picture REMOVED from station's gallery after complaint