A businessman has launched an official complaint against four councillors.
The local authority said it needed to introduce a ban on the north side of the road to keep traffic moving.
Mr Campbell collected more than 600 signatures against the plan, claiming it was unsafe as it forced him to carry heavy objects across the street.
He claims the Green administration took the decision out of “pure political bigotry and spite” after finding out he stood for the Conservatives in 2011 elections.
An official complaint has been lodged against councillors Ian Davey, Peter West, Phelim MacCafferty and Ollie Sykes.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Woman handed restraining order banning her from contacting gynaecologist
- Death-link crib removed from sale in charity shop
- New commitment to help people sleeping rough
- Missing mother pictured in Tunisian nightclub
- Sussex sees rise in hate crime since EU referendum