A man who was feared lost at sea has been found safe and well at home.
A huge police, coastguard and RNLI operation was launched shortly before 4.30pm today (November 12) after reports of a partially clothed man walking into the waves near West Pier.
Brighton and Shoreham RNLI joined coastguard crews and Sussex police officers as they desperately searched the coastline between The Meeting Place Cafe and West Pier.
After an hour searching, it was feared he was lost to the choppy and icy waters.
But with conditions becoming increasing difficult he was found safe and well at home.
Do you know the daring swimmer? Email email@example.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- One of Brighton's oldest shops could be torn down to make way for entrance to new shopping square
- She said yes! Couple get engaged in photo booth only to leave the pictures in the back of a cab
- Cyclist dies following crash with another cyclist
- Van driver should have faced prosecution for blocking ambulance on emergency call to fitting baby
- Council budget compromise a "grubby deal" and a bad compromise for residents according to councillors