Teachers will hold a third day of strike action against plans to convert a school into an academy.
The NUT and NASUWT said the “unprecedented action” at Worthing High School in South Farm Road, Worthing, today (November 13) came after chairman of governors Tony Cohen did not meet representatives to resolve the dispute.
A local NUT spokesman said: “We are calling on the governing body to cease this damaging conversion and focus upon repairing the reputation of the school within the local community.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Seven Sisters could be sold to a private group
- Average speed camera system goes live on busy seafront road
- Victims must not be ‘fobbed off’
- Parents team up to fight ‘swingeing’ cuts to schools
- Brighton Palace Pier boss: Fall in pound could lead to record tourism year