Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Third day of strike action over Worthing High academy plan
9:40am Tuesday 13th November 2012 in News
Teachers will hold a third day of strike action against plans to convert a school into an academy.
The NUT and NASUWT said the “unprecedented action” at Worthing High School in South Farm Road, Worthing, today (November 13) came after chairman of governors Tony Cohen did not meet representatives to resolve the dispute.
A local NUT spokesman said: “We are calling on the governing body to cease this damaging conversion and focus upon repairing the reputation of the school within the local community.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Tributes to dad struck by lorry and killed on A27 in Worthing
- A deserved Angel for guest director Michael Rosen
- Three arrests in Hove shooting murder