Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Third day of strike action over Worthing High academy plan
9:40am Tuesday 13th November 2012 in News
Teachers will hold a third day of strike action against plans to convert a school into an academy.
The NUT and NASUWT said the “unprecedented action” at Worthing High School in South Farm Road, Worthing, today (November 13) came after chairman of governors Tony Cohen did not meet representatives to resolve the dispute.
A local NUT spokesman said: “We are calling on the governing body to cease this damaging conversion and focus upon repairing the reputation of the school within the local community.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Tributes to Crawley child killed by mirror
- Chichester toddler savaged by dog