A teacher has appeared in court via video link charged with abducting a teenage girl.
Jeremy Forrest, 30, was arrested in Bordeaux in France on September 28 after a European arrest warrant was issued.
Following extradition to Britain, Forrest, a teacher at Bishop Bell C of E School in Eastbourne was charged by Sussex Police on October 10 with abducting a child, who cannot be identified for legal reasons.
At Brighton Magistrates' Court Scots-born Forrest, who gave his address as Chislehurst Road, Petts Wood, south-east London, but who previously lived in Broyleside Cottages, Ringmer, spoke to confirm his name, date of birth and address during a ten-minute hearing.
No bail application was made by his solicitor, Phil Smith.
Forrest will appear again at Brighton Magistrates’ Court via videolink for a committal hearing on December 3.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Suspected paedophiles remain at large in county
- Bin strikes to hit area again
- Council ‘failed to disclose evidence’
- Brighton the place to be for investors
- After effects of Hurricane Gonzalo set to sweep through Sussex