A teacher has appeared in court via video link charged with abducting a teenage girl.
Jeremy Forrest, 30, was arrested in Bordeaux in France on September 28 after a European arrest warrant was issued.
Following extradition to Britain, Forrest, a teacher at Bishop Bell C of E School in Eastbourne was charged by Sussex Police on October 10 with abducting a child, who cannot be identified for legal reasons.
At Brighton Magistrates' Court Scots-born Forrest, who gave his address as Chislehurst Road, Petts Wood, south-east London, but who previously lived in Broyleside Cottages, Ringmer, spoke to confirm his name, date of birth and address during a ten-minute hearing.
No bail application was made by his solicitor, Phil Smith.
Forrest will appear again at Brighton Magistrates’ Court via videolink for a committal hearing on December 3.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man found dead at Brighton homeless hostel
- Police hunt man after girl, 14, raped near field in Ovingdean
- Mum quits job to enter competitions full time after winning £250,000 in prizes
- VIDEO: Tragedy feared from planes flying ‘dangerously low’ over Shoreham
- Veteran DJ Bill bows out due to ill health