Market traders' search for a new home has been narrowed down to two possible sites.
Hundreds of thousands of people have visited the West Pier Market since it launched in 1996.
More than 7,000 people signed a petition urging Brighton and Hove City Council to help them.
All councillors on the local authority made a pledge to support traders last month.
Geoffrey Bowden, chairman of the council's economic development and culture committee, confirmed the search for a new site has been narrowed down to two possibilities.
He told councillors today (Thursday, November 15) he was not aware of where they were but added discussions would take place between officers and traders.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Negative comments over PCSO's "pen gate" interview unfair says top cop
- Opposing demonstrations planned for Brighton in the wake of EU Referendum
- American Express: Brexit will have 'no immediate impact' on Brighton
- Concern raised for 20-year-old who has gone missing
- Corbyn loses vote of confidence but will not resign