Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
West Pier traders hope for new market site
4:46pm Thursday 15th November 2012 in News
Market traders' search for a new home has been narrowed down to two possible sites.
Hundreds of thousands of people have visited the West Pier Market since it launched in 1996.
More than 7,000 people signed a petition urging Brighton and Hove City Council to help them.
All councillors on the local authority made a pledge to support traders last month.
Geoffrey Bowden, chairman of the council's economic development and culture committee, confirmed the search for a new site has been narrowed down to two possibilities.
He told councillors today (Thursday, November 15) he was not aware of where they were but added discussions would take place between officers and traders.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work